Hello Blog world…Enid is back.
It has been quite sometime since I graced the pages of my humble blog and surprisingly in that period of time when I remained silent my world was in chaos, both the good and bad type of chaos. Now anyone who knows me is aware of my penchant for making lists… (it’s easier than dealing with life) so here is a Enid Vs Everything list of what exactly has been going on in my life over the last 6 months or so.
1. The cause of my mystery illnesses was discovered and it related to small gallstones blocking a duct and causing my liver to function very poorly and led to lots of pain, an inability to eat and finally jaundice which led to having surgery to remove my gallbladder.
2. I visited the USA baby… after all that stress and worry about whether or not this little hermit girl could handle the big city I went and I had a wonderful time.
3. I got two more tattoos…taking my grand totally to 4….I have to fulfill my white trash quota somehow.
4. In the last few days of my trip, I received the sad news that my Nonna Ersilia passed away at the age of 86.
5. I came home to a shit storm of family troubles…to say it was a hot mess is an understatement.
6. I wrote and delivered my very first Eulogy and I wrote and delivered my first character reference for my childhood friend who is currently in prison for drug trafficking, trying to get an early release.
7. I experienced an episode of depression, anxiety and agoraphobia unlike any I have experienced since the great depression of 2001. This led to my doctor putting me on antipsychotics which left me in a perennial state of zombification.
8. I resigned from my job at Fremantle hospital
9. I started seeing a clinical psychologist again
10. I got a new job as an assistant project officer for the prevention branch of the Drug and Alcohol Office W.A
Phew…that’s a lot of stuff…no wonder I’m so tired. I need a break and the washing has just finished so I’ll be back.
Ok so I have definitely had my ups and downs but I have decided to pull my head out of the sand, put down the remote control and work on getting back to my old self, taking advantage of the time I have off in between jobs and to put it in “Balcatta” terms, sort this shit out. So for the moment the plan is three simple steps, firstly I need to stay on my medication and keep seeking counselling for the time being. It’s funny how even though I myself have worked as a counsellor, whenever I see a professional of that nature when I am agreeing to “homework” I often think…”yeah right” to myself.. ok rich lady charging me 180 dollars for this 50 minutes of therapy I am going to start working on my cognitive thoughts before bed to stop having violent flashbacks and dreams. Then last night I had a dream where I was laying on a beach in the middle of nowhere and all of a sudden a huge frill-necked lizard almost the size of a grown man landed on top of me and was about to eat my face off if I moved.. safe to say I woke up in a pool of sweat and with my heart sounding like the chorus to a metallica song. Needless to say my sleep was a bit off after that. So guess who is going to be giving the good doctor’s homework a try tonight…. ME.
Secondly I am going to really try not to stress as much as I normally do particularly about things like money or the future. I am going to make a conscious effort to just put a bit of faith in the world and hope that things just kind of work out in the end. Finally I am going to stop living vicariously through my beloved tv and actually attempt to occasionally go out and live life..you know be a normal human being and socialize with other human beings. In fact I have already started and look for a future update in the next few days on how my “friends with non-sexual benefits” journey is going.
So there you have it.. for the three people including my long suffering husband who actually reads this thing (aka. # 231 attempt to sort out my crazy life via words on the internet) expect more regular updates that will hopefully range from a couple of deep and meaningful to a lot of the silly and neurotic stuff my few readers actually want. I’m talking to you Mark.